[keycloak-dev] UserProvider merged

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Wed Jul 16 09:08:11 EDT 2014

The idea for provider config was:

A provider can have a server-wide config (keycloak-server.json) as well as realm-specific configs.

Server-wide config would at least initially be configured only through keycloak-server.json and would also require a server restart. We could look at making this configurable through admin console as well.

Realm specific config would be configurable through the admin console. You would go to a "Providers" tab in the admin console, then you'd have a menu that lists out all SPIs. So you would for example click on Sync. You could then configure which Sync providers are enabled for the Realm, as well as set configuration for them. With regards to config I thought key/value would be sufficient, and much simpler to deal with.

With that regards it would probably make sense that KeycloakSession would be bound to a specific realm so we could create Provider instances with the correct config.