[keycloak-dev] PicketLink and KC Integration

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Fri Jul 25 21:44:47 EDT 2014

Good work.  This is precisely the type of integration with Picketlink I
was hoping for.

On 7/25/2014 5:58 PM, Pedro Igor Silva wrote:
>      Another aspect is the possibility to provide a deep integration with a specific IdP in order to properly manage tokens by a consumer application. This is specially useful when your application does not use KC adapter, but only keycloak.js or something else to update and send tokens in every single request to the server.

This could work for Bearer token requests, but not for the oauth
redirection protocol.  Unless Picketlink has a pure-servlet
authentication SPI that we could write an adapter for.

I want to write a pure-servlet adapter and a pure-jaxrs adapter just
haven't had the time yet.

BTW, take a look at Ubefire security SPIs.  It might be interesting to
get them to move it to Picketlink.  Then Picketlink could have a
pure-servlet, portable authentication layer.  I don't know anything
about Spring Security, but maybe this is in the same area.

>      With that in mind, I would like to know if we can provide the KC related implementation from KC itself. The motivation is that in order to properly handle KC tokens we need some KC libraries and I think the best place to put this is in KC. Any change to API or something we get during KC build. KC users looking for PL integration just get it from KC OOTB.

I don't care where the code lives.  Up to you.  We can maintain it so
long as you provide some unit tests.  (it would go under integration/)