[keycloak-dev] PicketLink and KC Integration

Pedro Igor Silva psilva at redhat.com
Fri Jul 25 22:00:21 EDT 2014

----- Original Message -----

I think we have that. Today we provide an AuthenticationFilter (which we want to review and provide a better servlet-security support) that is based
on different authentication schemes to provided different methods of authentication. Currently we support BASIC, DIGEST, FORM, CLIENT-CERT and TOKEN.
You can provide your own custom scheme too.

Regarding oAuth, that is one of the scenarios I testing. I think we can use oAuth redirection considering what we have. Let's see ...

> I want to write a pure-servlet adapter and a pure-jaxrs adapter just
> haven't had the time yet.
>
> BTW, take a look at Ubefire security SPIs.  It might be interesting to
> get them to move it to Picketlink.  Then Picketlink could have a
> pure-servlet, portable authentication layer.  I don't know anything
> about Spring Security, but maybe this is in the same area.

I'll, thanks for the heads up. And yes, PL and Spring Security are in the same area. But as I said, we have a big TODO here:

https://gist.github.com/pedroigor/5852028

Anil and I wrote that some time ago, but you can have an idea about our plans for servlet security.

> >      With that in mind, I would like to know if we can provide the KC
> >      related implementation from KC itself. The motivation is that in
> >      order to properly handle KC tokens we need some KC libraries and I
> >      think the best place to put this is in KC. Any change to API or
> >      something we get during KC build. KC users looking for PL integration
> >      just get it from KC OOTB.
> >

> I don't care where the code lives.  Up to you.  We can maintain it so
> long as you provide some unit tests.  (it would go under integration/)

Cool. We can also support that.