[keycloak-dev] Database migration

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Mon Oct 6 07:32:53 EDT 2014

For 1.1.0.Beta1 the DB schema has changed (user and client sessions only). That means we'll have to provide a migration strategy. As part of testing a release we'll also have to start testing migrating a server.

I found a couple tools to help migrating databases (http://flywaydb.org/, http://www.liquibase.org/). It's probably worth looking at those as they let you have a single update script for all databases.

With that in mind, and the adapter clustering issues, 1.1.0.Beta1 is probably not going to be until later this week or early next week.