[keycloak-dev] Creating Users with no Email Address

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Fri Oct 10 02:58:01 EDT 2014

Hi,

That's strange. It works for me with latest keycloak master. I've
created 2 users in kc admin console with empty email and both are saved
(I am using mongo model like liveoak does). Only added related thing in
1.0.1.Final is https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-676, which
disallow users to register with invalid email. But that's just added
validation in registration forms and account mgmt - no changes in admin
console or model.

I wonder if it can't be "null vs. empty string" issue? KC admin console
doesn't send email attribute at all when you don't fill email. I suspect
that you're creating users in liveoak admin console? Isn't it possible
that liveoak is sending email with empty string when it's not filled?

Marek