[keycloak-dev] offline access

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu Apr 9 09:02:42 EDT 2015

That's not the way I read it.  There wouldn't be a section within OIDC
about offline access if the refresh token wasn't assumed to be a part of
a session.  IMO, "offline" is really just a persisted user/client
session.  It is governed by the same exact rules as regular user
sessions.  A client just needs permission to do it.   You would need to
store the same exact metadata for "offline" sessions as you would for
"online" ones.  What additional information is needed for "offline"?
Again, this boils down in my opinion to just the current user session
being cloned into a persisted "offline" session.

Admin console screens should be the same for "offline" and user
sessions.  Main realm session screen has list of applications and the
number of their online and offline sessions.  Same with the
application's session page.

The user session page has a list of sessions with an "offline" column
checked on or off.  This is the same for user account page.