[keycloak-dev] Distribution changes

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Thu Apr 30 02:33:00 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----

In the next release it'll be the build on top of WF core. This is a "preview" of what's coming.

We'll remove the adapter jars once we have split subsystem into separate server and adapter subsystems. I'm pretty sure removing this now will cause problems.

> 2) On the other hand, demo-dist is actually based on server-dist and
> hence doesn't have standalone/deployments and deployment processor. I
> suppose this should be really fixed before we release?

demo-dist wasn't supposed to be based on server-dist. I'll fix that and base it on WF + server-overlay.

> 3) demo-dist doesn't need to have modules keycloak-as7-adapter and
> keycloak-as7-subsystem as it's based on wildfly

I'll try to remove these.

> 4) demo-dist doesn't have security-domains with KeycloakLoginModule and
> SAML2LoginModule declared in standalone-*.xml . Just server-overlay has
> them. Since we want demo-dist to contain examples, it should have the
> security domains added IMO

Yep. Will fix

> 5) There is no documentation about needed steps to deploy auth-server on
> EAP 6.4. Unzip server-overlay and running:
>
> ./standalone.xml -c standalone-keycloak.xml
>
> obviously doesn't work as standalone-keycloak.xml is based on
> standalone.xml from WF 8.2. So we should have instructions what should
> be done to setup server in standalone.xml (keycloak extension, keycloak
> subsystem, KeycloakDS datasource). There are some instructions in
> documentation how to add extension and subsystem, but those are in
> "Adapters" chapter of the docs.
>
> Instructions for manual setup of standalone-*.xml are needed also in
> case that people want to add server-overlay to the WildFly server, which
> is using clustering and hence standalone-ha.xml or
> standalone-ha-full.xml (current standalone-keycloak.xml is based only on
> standalone.xml)

Agreed - I'll improve the docs

> With respect to comments 1-4, is it really good that demo-dist is based
> on server-dist? It looks that there will be quite major differences
> between those two.

Nope - the plan is server-dist is pure KC, while demo-dist is a bundle with WF + KC server and adapter + docs + examples. Maybe we should call it dev bundle instead?