[keycloak-dev] Distribution changes

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Wed Apr 29 10:00:30 EDT 2015

Few comments to distribution:

1) server-dist doesn't have standalone/deployments and so it's supposed
to just contain auth-server and not any applications right? In this case
we can remove all adapter jars from it? Probably bunch of other modules
(and maybe extensions) could be cleaned as well

2) On the other hand, demo-dist is actually based on server-dist and
hence doesn't have standalone/deployments and deployment processor. I
suppose this should be really fixed before we release?

3) demo-dist doesn't need to have modules keycloak-as7-adapter and
keycloak-as7-subsystem as it's based on wildfly

4) demo-dist doesn't have security-domains with KeycloakLoginModule and
SAML2LoginModule declared in standalone-*.xml . Just server-overlay has
them. Since we want demo-dist to contain examples, it should have the
security domains added IMO

5) There is no documentation about needed steps to deploy auth-server on
EAP 6.4. Unzip server-overlay and running:

./standalone.xml -c standalone-keycloak.xml

obviously doesn't work as standalone-keycloak.xml is based on
standalone.xml from WF 8.2. So we should have instructions what should
be done to setup server in standalone.xml (keycloak extension, keycloak
subsystem, KeycloakDS datasource). There are some instructions in
documentation how to add extension and subsystem, but those are in
"Adapters" chapter of the docs.

Instructions for manual setup of standalone-*.xml are needed also in
case that people want to add server-overlay to the WildFly server, which
is using clustering and hence standalone-ha.xml or
standalone-ha-full.xml (current standalone-keycloak.xml is based only on
standalone.xml)

With respect to comments 1-4, is it really good that demo-dist is based
on server-dist? It looks that there will be quite major differences
between those two.

Marek