[keycloak-dev] LDAP setup for demonstration purposes

Thomas Raehalme thomas.raehalme at aitiofinland.com
Wed Sep 14 01:39:37 EDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 10:46 PM, Marek Posolda <mposolda at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 13/09/16 21:10, Bruno Oliveira da Silva wrote:
>> My 2 cents on it. Unless we have any strong argument for doing this,
>> let's move forward with Docker. We already have a repository for this
>> and I'm not sure if we have bandwidth to maintain 2 distinct
repositories.

Maybe I misunderstood, but Vagrant does not need a repository if you use
the publicly available boxes. It's just a Vagrantfile where you specify the
boxes and how to bootstrap them.

>> Btw I'm curious, which real world scenario you could not reproduce with
>> Docker?
>
> I guess SPNEGO login with Firefox is the example of that scenario?

Yes, running GUI applications is what I had in mind as well.

But besides Firefox I did not mean that you cannot do something with
Docker. It was more about that not everybody are running Docker in a
cluster such as Swarm or Kubernetes. Instead one might use separate VMs,
but run the applications with Docker. With a combination of Vagrant and
Docker here would be a great example of doing exactly that.

Best regards,
Thomas