[keycloak-dev] Wildcard for Valid Redirect URI Hostname

Josh Cain josh.cain at redhat.com
Mon Sep 19 10:50:51 EDT 2016

Per KEYCLOAK-3585: <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-3585>

Currently, valid redirect URI hostnames allow for wildcards at the end like
so:

http://www.redhat.com/*

I'm managing several environments where clients need 'n' number of
available redirect URI's with different hostnames, I.E.

http://developer1.env.redhat.com

http://developer2.env.redhat.com

http://developer3.env.redhat.com

Would really help to have the ability to wildcard hostnames too, I.E.:

http://*.env.redhat.com

I've submitted #3241 <https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/pull/3241> to
address this issue, but there seem to be some concerns about allowing
wildcards in other parts of the URL.  See the PR for a more fleshed out
discussion, but wanted to start a thread here on the mailing list.
Particularly with respect to:

   - Does anyone have need of this feature or would find it useful?
   - Should this kind of wildcard be allowed as a configuration option by
   Keycloak?

Josh Cain | Software Applications Engineer
*Identity and Access Management*
*Red Hat*
+1 256-452-0150