[keycloak-dev] migrate-json

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Wed Sep 21 09:27:38 EDT 2016

On 9/21/2016 9:02 AM, Vlasta Ramik wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've tried a migration of keycloak-server.json to keycloak-server
> subsystem following [1].
>
> I had to remove the default content of keycloak-server subsystem to make
> it work.
>
> <subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:keycloak-server:1.1">
>       <web-context>auth</web-context>
> </subsystem>
That's correct.  The migrate-json tool is meant to be used when you are
migrating from an older version of the server.  To do that, you would
copy your old standalone.xml to the new server and then run migrate-json.

You wouldn't migrate a standalone.xml that already has the new subsystem
declarations.

This probably needs to be made more clear in the documentation.