[keycloak-dev] Roles in Client Template

Thomas Raehalme thomas.raehalme at aitiofinland.com
Thu Jan 5 08:32:35 EST 2017

Hi!

I was under the (false) impression that Client Templates would also contain
role definitions for clients that use the template. Unfortunately I was
wrong.

My use case is an application where there are multiple instances each
belonging to a different tenant. They each have the same set of roles, but
their own set of users (or groups) to which the roles are assigned.

I would like to be able to maintain the common client settings in the
template and focus on tenant-specific settings such as URLs on each client
(which are also more static).

What do you think would it make sense to add the possibility to define also
roles in the Client Template?

Best regards,
Thomas