[keycloak-dev] server-config-migration

Vlasta Ramik vramik at redhat.com
Tue Oct 10 04:44:55 EDT 2017

I'm working on rewriting server-config-migration tests. Currently there
is used wildfly-maven-plugin which does the migration in online mode,
I've redone this using exec plugin and the migration is done in offline
mode.

My question is how do we should handle changes what are done to
standalone.xml (or standalone-ha.xml, etc.) between different versions
of wildfly. It is out of keycloak scope, but according to migration
guide [1], users are supposed to replace default version (current) of
config with previous version.

As far as I was able to find out WF uses a tool [2] for migration. There
is not migration from WF10 to WF11.

Should be it somehow incorporated into our migration scripts?

If not then the migration guide should be updated with supported
migration steps.

[1]
http://www.keycloak.org/docs/latest/server_admin/topics/MigrationFromOlderVersions.html
[2] https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly-server-migration/releases