[keycloak-dev] Ignoring self signed cert errors while developing

Aiden Keating akeating at redhat.com
Sun Jan 14 15:59:22 EST 2018

Hello,

I am configuring an OpenShift v3 identity provider on Keycloak using an
Ansible playbook. I have created the identity provider successfully.

After filling in my OpenShift username and password I see an "Unexpected
error when authenticating with identity provider" error from Keycloak. This
is due to the self signed certificates of the OpenShift development cluster
I am using (using oc cluster up).

I am looking for an option to ignore these errors when in a development
environment.

I have read about the 'disable-trust-manager' option, from what I
understand this can be set in development environments to avoid these
errors. However, I am not fully clear on how to use it and how to configure
it. Can this option be set using the REST API?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Aiden Keating