[keycloak-dev] Availability During Upgrades

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu May 3 09:42:43 EDT 2018

We had a recent Sprint to investigate rolling upgrades.  This was
investigation only.  I believe we have some plans for this down the
road, but it isn't something we support at the moment.  From what I
remember, I believe that its more a matter of process and testing.
Process being to make sure that db schema changes and user session
serialization is backward compatible.  Testing to ensure and verify
the process.  Marek and Hynek might be able to give you more info.

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 9:17 AM, gambol <gambol99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hiya
>
> I was wondering if anyone has any recommendation in regard to
> high-availability during upgrades? or how people are handling service
> availability during a service update?  Where as before we had leeway for
> the occasional midnight 30 downtime, as more projects on-aboard this is
> soon reaching the point where scheduled downtime unless an absolute
> emergency isn't acceptable.
>
> Rohith

Red Hat