[keycloak-dev] Availability During Upgrades

Josh Cain jcain at redhat.com
Tue May 15 11:47:39 EDT 2018

Yeah... until we get rolling updates, we just:

 - re-route traffic to secondary datacenter
 - kill all nodes in primary, run db scripts, and bring nodes back up
 - validate primary DC
 - switch traffic back to primary DC
 - Do the same for secondary DC

Be careful here though - atm we don't have cross-datacenter
replication turned on (we have an external source of truth for user
information).  If you have that, you're going to have to break the
link and deal with potential data loss/sync issues in order to get
this to work.

Another +1 for "we'd really like this going forward!"

Josh Cain
Senior Software Applications Engineer, RHCE
Red Hat North America
jcain at redhat.com IRC: jcain