[keycloak-dev] [KEYCLOAK-10022] Regarding the fix to the bug "few Admin events not getting raised"

Shiva Prasad Thagadur Prakash shiva.prasad.thagadur.prakash at ericsson.com
Fri Jul 5 06:52:37 EDT 2019

Hi Guys,

Feedback welcomed.

I have tried fixing the bug with ID "KEYCLOAK-10022" (https://issues.jb
oss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-10022). It was due to a wrong flag being
checked to decide whether the admin events has to be raised or not.

For example, in file PolicyResourceService.java at line number 260, the
flag "authorization.getRealm().isAdminEventsEnabled()" is being checked
before raising the admin event. Actually, this flag is used to identify
whether the admin events are to be saved or not saved and not to
identify whether admin events are to be raised or not raised.

The fix is to remove the if condition that checks for this flag before
raising the admin events. The same fix applies in few other
files: PolicyService.java, ResourceSetService.java and
ScopeService.java. I have verified the fix and after the fix I am able
to see the missing admin events.

Do you guys agree with the proposed fix? Can I raise a pull request?
Eagerly waiting to hear from you.

Thanks & regards,
Shiva