[keycloak-dev] Scalability Problems with the admin console

Ioan Eugen Stan ieugen at netdava.com
Tue Jul 16 06:20:32 EDT 2019

Hi,

Regarding the composite role I believe there should be a limit to how many roles there can be in a composite role - for practical reasons. Not sure if this will solve the issue since there is no limit to the depth of the composition. So maybe a limit here might bein order.

Not sure, but on the current state I think someone might be able to pull a denial of service attack using the composite roles? They might be sabotaging themselves though :).

There might be another limit on the number of realms a single user can manage.

Another idea:
I've noticed that some IDM ask you to select the account you wish to operate beforehand.

Maybe this could be used to request the scopes / roles just for that realm.

We have an api that lists the realms.
User selects the realm and asks for a token for that realm only.

We use this pattern in our app secured with keycloak.

Eugen Stan
Netdava International

	  Mesaj original