[keycloak-dev] SAML adapter configuration - read passwords from credential-store

Daniel Schmidt list-keycloak at ad-schmidt.de
Thu Jul 18 10:54:17 EDT 2019

Hi,

I am using the SAML Adapter in Wildfly. I am configuring it via Keycloak
SAML Subsystem in standalone.xml

Currently I am trying to remove all clear-text passwords from this file.
This also applies to the password-attributes in the <KeyStore>-elements
of the SAML adapter configuration:

<KeyStore password="REMOVE_THIS"
file="${jboss.server.config.dir}\saml_keystore.jks">
    <PrivateKey alias="some_alias" password="REMOVE_THIS"/>
    <Certificate alias="some_alias"/>
</KeyStore>

I placed all other credentials in a credential store[1] and replaced the
password with
<credential-reference store="credential-store" alias="credential-alias"/>

I found that currently this is not possible with the SAML adapter
configuration.

Are there any plans/issues to allow the passwords to be read from a
credential store?

If there aren't any: Could you please guide me to a document on how to
create this issue and the process of submitting a PR for keycloak?

If you have any other ideas regarding this configuration, this would
also be great.

Best regards
Daniel Schmidt

[1]: