[keycloak-dev] Storage SPI: Users, Clients, and ?

Justin Gross jgross.biz at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 23:07:50 EDT 2019

Born out of necessity it looks like originally (for storage SPI) there was only user storage SPI and eventually came a partial client storage SPI motivated by a need for Openshift integration. The more I think about how it could be finished, and the more I look at the user storage SPI, the more I am finding code within user storage SPI that can be generalized as simply storage SPI.

Seeking feedback on refactoring existing user storage SPI related interfaces to be agnostic to users and generalized as “storage SPI”. This should reduce the need for duplicating similar code when implementing other storage SPI (ie: client storage SPI).

In the future I could see more storage SPI’s being created and I feel this would be extremely useful.

Thank you,

Justin Gross