[keycloak-dev] KEYCLOAK-10251 New Claim JSON Type - JSON

Tomasz Prętki tomasz.pretki at dgt.eu
Mon Jun 10 08:26:46 EDT 2019

Yes, exactly that.

From: Pedro Igor Silva <psilva at redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 2:05 PM
To: Tomasz Prętki <tomasz.pretki at dgt.eu>
Cc: keycloak-dev at lists.jboss.org
Subject: Re: [keycloak-dev] KEYCLOAK-10251 New Claim JSON Type - JSON

Hi,

Do you mean something like https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/pull/6041 ?

On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 11:14 AM Tomasz Prętki <tomasz.pretki at dgt.eu<mailto:tomasz.pretki at dgt.eu>> wrote:
Hi,

As of now Keycloak allows to specify claims as single values of String, boolean, int and long. By naming a claim with "fully qualified name like 'address.street'" Keycloak creates a nested json object. But what if someone wants to specify a list of addresses? How to achieve that? Especially when this list has to be updated through Admin REST API?
That's the use-case I and my colleagues at work have faced. We want to store a list of servers (name, url, some ids) as a hardcoded claim, be able to fetch them from userinfo and show in Web UI to choose one and connect to. Currently we store the list as a json in a String claim, but it would be more appropriate to specify a raw json in a single claim that would be included in claims as a node.

Regards
Tomasz Prętki