[keycloak-dev] Versioning - Keycloak Operator

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Wed Nov 6 05:30:57 EST 2019

On Wed, 6 Nov 2019 at 10:10, David Ffrench <dffrench at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Stian,
>
> I agree with your assessment since all other sub-components within
> Keycloak all use the same version. I would just like to clarify one point.
>
> have the version identical to Keycloak upstream, and identical to RH-SSO
>> downstream
>
> I was under the impression these were on different versions. Keycloak
> 7.0.1 and RH-SSO 7.3.2? A follow on question, how long after Keycloak 8.0.0
> is release does the next version of RH-SSO get released and will this also
> be 8.0.0?

Yes/no ;)

RH-SSO has two versions. The product version (7.3.0.GA for example) and the
underlying productized Keycloak version (4.8.3.Final-redhat-0001). RH-SSO
7.4.0.GA will be based on the latest Keycloak release at the time (this
will most likely be 8.0.0, so would be 8.0.0-redhat-0001). For RH-SSO micro
releases these are based on Keycloak micros (so RH-SSO 7.3.2 was Keycloak
4.8.12 or something like that, can't remember the exact one). As a
side-note we don't do micro releases of older Keycloak versions to the
community, so branches and releases of these are not available to the
public.