[keycloak-dev] Moving to standardized Promises

Jon Koops jonkoops at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 07:37:24 EDT 2019

As far as I am concerned the pull requests can be merged as-is. However we
need to make sure to add a 'legacy' promiseType to cover the transition
period where promiseType will default to 'native' to give users the ability
to opt-out of the native promises whilst migrating their code.

Depending on what you prefer we can do two things. We either merge the pull
requests and make a new task to introduce a 'legacy' promiseType. Or I can
update the pull requests that are open now. Let me know what you think.

Related to this discussion there are some files that seem duplicated as I
can find the same type definitions for the Keycloak adapter in the new
theme as almost an exact copy. What should be done with with these files if
we make changes? (the specific file in question is
themes/src/main/resources/theme/keycloak-preview/account/resources/app/keycloak-service/keycloak.d.ts)

It also seems that in the respective classes that use said definition that
the legacy promises are also still used. We should look into finding a way
to migrate this code as well. Perhaps including Keycloak as an NPM
dependency would make some sense here as well.

I don't consider the above observation as part of the migration in
question, however it should probably be discussed by the team as well.