[keycloak-dev] Filtering in New Account Console

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Fri Oct 4 10:41:03 EDT 2019

> Okay, so I've re-read and we're on the same page I believe. Sorry for
> that (trying to do to many things with too little time).
>
> Option 1 limiting the list to real apps/UIs and those the user has
> access to is what we should do since you are on board with this.
> Option 2 can then be dropped completely as it was just a quicker
> temporary solution.
>
> To limit to real apps in addition to what I listed before I would also
> only include apps that have a display name set.
Ideally, we should have a flag for this.  I don't like the idea that we
have to rely on the administrator to understand that a display name
being blank in admin console conveys a certain meaning in account console.

> To limit apps that users have access to. Thinking about this some more
> and the ideal I think would be to only list apps where user has at
> least one client role. That may be a bit tricky though, but perhaps a
> smart query could solve that? I'm open to other ideas here for sure
> though.
I think an approach like that would work.  It would be helpful to an
admin if there was something in the admin console that did this query
and showed explicitly which applications a given user has access to.