[keycloak-dev] Remove built-in themes from themes directory

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Thu Sep 19 08:15:50 EDT 2019

-1

I think this would be bad from a developer's usability perspective.  We
should not make it harder for the developer to see what he is extending.

Also, a developer who is new to Keycloak can make small changes to the
built-in theme and see the effects right away.  This is important for
the "out-of-the-box" experience where a developer is trying to decide
whether or not to use Keycloak.

We shouldn't make it harder to start hacking on themes.  We just warn
them that the proper way to do it in production is to extend the theme.

It's just like what we did with WildFly and the "toy" database that
comes with it.  We want developers to be able to get started a quickly
as possible, while noting that this is not suitable for production.