[keycloak-dev] Using export and import for backup and restore

Sebastian Laskawiec slaskawi at redhat.com
Mon Sep 30 09:11:50 EDT 2019

Hey,

In the next few days we'll be looking into implementing backup and restore
functionality for the Keycloak Operator. One of the options we are
considering, is using an export/import functionality. An Operator could
export all realms into a JSON file and put it somewhere in a Persistent
Volume.

I was wondering, what do you think about this approach? Are there any
guarantees around export/import functionality (especially with the regards
to its format)? Also, would it work for exporting JSON file from Keycloak
and importing it to RHSSO?

Thanks,
Sebastian