[keycloak-dev] Using export and import for backup and restore

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Mon Sep 30 09:30:59 EDT 2019

Export/import using JSON has a few significant disadvantages:

* It's very very slow
* It can not provide a consistent snapshot unless all writes are stopped
during the export

With that regards I very much doubt it would be the ideal solution.

One question though can't backup be performed at the DB level, and then be
a requirement on the DB operator rather than the Keycloak operator?