[keycloak-user] Active Directory Realm question.

Patrick V. Madden pmadden at tomsawyer.com
Tue Nov 4 08:58:09 EST 2014

Hi,

Hope this doesn't post twice....

I am running a local 1.0.4.Final build on my local machine to do some testing.

I have a quick question regarding an Active Directory Realm that I am trying to configure. I am able to successfully test the connection and test authentication using Bind DN and Bind Credential and Connection URL.

I can connect via an external LDAP browser using same credential and browse the directory.

When I click Synchronize all users button it says it is successful. However, when I go back to search page I get nothing when I enter a username. When I click show all users it shows nothing. I was hoping it would show me a list of all users in the search tree based on my settings.

Lets assume my company is acme.com. When I look at browser it shows:

RootDSE
+---DC=acme,DC=com
+---OU=acmeUsers
+---CN=John Doe
---CN=Jane Doe
---CN=Joe Blow

I want the users to be in OU=acmeUsers,DC=acme,DC=com

And yes OU=acmeUsers is what I need...

So what would I put in for Base DN and User DN Suffix to get it to show a list of all users in the directory?

Or does it only show users that have logged into the Realm via a web app?

Hope this makes sense.

Regards,

Patrick Madden
Principal Design Engineer