[keycloak-user] Integration Keycloak with phyton application

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Mon Sep 29 13:03:13 EDT 2014

Hi,

Afraid we haven't looked at adapters for python yet, but you should be able to use any OAuth2 or OpenID Connect library to authenticate with Keycloak. The endpoints you need are:

* Login: <KEYCLOAK SERVER>/auth/tokens/realms/<REALM NAME>/tokens/login
* Access token: <KEYCLOAK SERVER>/auth/tokens/realms/<REALM NAME>/tokens/access/codes
* Refresh token: <KEYCLOAK SERVER>/auth/tokens/realms/<REALM NAME>/tokens/refresh

With claims enabled through the admin console the access token contains ID token parameters from OpenID Connect (preferred_username, email, etc.) so you can retrieve those directly from the token. Alternatively you can also retrieve the user profile from the account profile endpoint (<KEYCLOAK SERVER>/auth/realms/<REALM NAME>/account).