[keycloak-user] CatalinaUserSessionManagement: Session not present or already invalidated

Scott Rossillo srossillo at smartling.com
Wed Apr 1 19:37:23 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I’m running Keycloak 1.1.0-Final in standalone mode and using Keycloak
agents on Tomcat 6 and Tomcat 8.

With both agents, whenever I try to log a user out via the Keycloak server,
I see this in the Tomcat server’s log:

Apr 01, 2015 7:27:47 PM
org.keycloak.adapters.tomcat.CatalinaUserSessionManagement logoutSession
WARN: Session not present or already invalidated.

The session is still valid and continues to be valid for some period of
time in each of the Tomcat instances. Anyone know how to fix?

I was looking at the source and I see this method:

   -

   - org.keycloak.adapters.tomcat.CatalinaUserSessionManagement.

logoutSession()

I may test loging the actual exception tomorrow if no one has a clue, but I
think it’s probably the exception is being thrown for some reason other
than the session no longer existing (it definitely still does).

Best,
Scott