[keycloak-user] Deployment of 1.2.0.CR1

Benjamin Hansmann [alphaApps] b.hansmann at alphaapps.de
Thu May 7 07:32:14 EDT 2015

On Thu, 2015-05-07 at 00:41 -0400, Stian Thorgersen wrote:

> [...]
In 1.2.0.CR1 I didn't need to install the adapter to make everything
work.

> > 2 Section 3.1.2 (Install on existing WildFly 8.2.0.Final) of the
> > documentation refers to the keycloak standalone server/appliance
> > distribution. Is this intended?
>
> I can't see any reference to keycloak standalone server/appliance in section 3.1.2. Can you copy/paste the relevant section?

Ok. The commands to start the server contain the path and configuration
specific to the standalone distribution which implies that you are not
using the overlay (if I didn't get it wrong):

"To start Wildfly with Keycloak run:
keycloak-1.2.0.CR1/bin/standalone.sh
--server-config=standalone-keycloak.xml"

> > 3 I merged the keycloak specific configuration from
> > standalone-keycloak.xml into the standalone.xml of my existing wildfly
> > installation. Am I supposed to deploy the keycloak-server-1.2.0.CR1.war
> > manually as in previous versions? Section 3.4. (Installing Keycloak
> > Server as Root Context) states that main-auth-server is the name of the
> > Keycloak server as defined in the Keycloak subsystem. Can I use this
> > name to deploy it without providing the full path even when not using it
> > as the default-web-module?
>
> There's is no WAR any more. Keycloak is deployed as a sub-system.

I had to add
  <auth-server name="main-auth-server">
    <enabled>true</enabled>
    <web-context>auth</web-context>
  </auth-server>
to my keycloak subsystem section in standalone.xml to deploy the war
which I think is this
modules/system/layers/base/org/keycloak/keycloak-subsystem/main/auth-server/keycloak-server-1.2.0.CR1.war.

Maybe I have a misunderstanding here.

> > 4 Will there be maven artifacts for this release soon?
>
> Syncing to Maven central can take up to 24h after the release. It sucks, but nothing we can do about it :/
Thanks. It is available know.