[keycloak-user] How to configure a user Federation SPI implementation

Zhaohua Meng zmeng at appnexus.com
Mon Aug 1 13:23:53 EDT 2016

I wrote a user federation SPI implementation to integrate our internal user management. Particularly, an implementation of org.keycloak.models.UserFederationProviderFactory and org.keycloak.models.UserFederationProvider.

My question is, how do you configure it in the keycloak-server.json?

The documentation gave example for event listener but not user federation. Following the doc with similar approach I tried “{ “userFederation”: { “my-impl”: { “myProperty”:””, ...} …}}”, and all kinds of combinations like that but nothing worked. I’d really appreciate if you can share some experience here.

I’m quoting the doc in this regard here: https://keycloak.gitbooks.io/server-developer-guide/content/v/2.0/topics/providers.html#providers

...…
Configuring a provider

You can pass configuration options to your provider by setting them in keycloak-server.json. For example to set the max value for my-event-listener add:
{
    "eventsListener": {
        "my-event-listener": {
            "max": 100