[keycloak-user] How to configure a user Federation SPI implementation

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Mon Aug 1 13:32:39 EDT 2016

In YourUserFederationProviderFactory.init you can read the properties,
which you configured in the keycloak-server.json. It's used in the event
example for instance. For UserFederation it works the same way :
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/examples/providers/event-store-mem/src/main/java/org/keycloak/examples/providers/events/MemEventStoreProviderFactory.java#L56

Note that YourUserFederationProviderFactory.getId is corresponding to
the providerId used in keycloak-server.json .

Btv. the YourUserFederationProviderFactory.getConfigurationOptions() you
can return list of strings, which will be used as names of the
properties configurable in admin console. This is an alternative to
keycloak-server.json configuration. See the userFederation example for
more details.

Marek