[keycloak-user] Create user from keycloak UI with FreeIPA backend

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Mon Dec 5 06:25:53 EST 2016

Yeah, that's my experience too. I've did the Keycloak integration with
FreeIPA through LDAP FederationProvider a long time ago with the docker
image [1] .

The update of simple attributes of existing users worked (eg. If I
updated firstName of the user "john" in Keycloak, it was propagated
through the LDAP FederationProvider to the FreeIPA LDAP and was updated
correctly).

However registration of new users from Keycloak doesn't work . I assumed
the SSSD interface will be able to register new users from Keycloak as well?

Marek

[1] https://github.com/mposolda/keycloak-freeipa-docker