[keycloak-user] Minimal complete example

Aidan Delaney aidan at ontologyengineering.org
Tue Dec 13 05:17:50 EST 2016

Dear all,
        I'm trying to put together a keycloak example that executes on
a `mvn wildfly:run` and I'd appreciate some help.  My assumptions are
that I can:

    1. package both an example app and keycloak-server up in an EAR,
    2. make the EAR depend on keycloak-server-overlay and keycloak-
wildfly-adapter-dist
    3. provide configuration similar to keycloak-examples-
2.4.0.Final/preconfigured-demo
    4. execute a `wildfly:run` to see a small demo.

I fully appreciate that keycloak should not be run in the above manner.
 That the keycloak server _should_ be separated from the demo
application.  However, I'm using this as a hands-on demo for
undergraduate students and, thereafter, high-school students.  As such,
 I want to make the initial example as straightforward to run as
possible.  In these situations, running keycloak-standalone and
executing the example app leads to inevitable complications.  Moreover,
 I don't have access to Docker or Vagrant in the teaching environment.

I'm running into a few issues which I can work through.  But I'm
wondering if it's possible to come up with such an example of if I'm
barking up the wrong tree?

--
Dr Aidan Delaney
Principal Lecturer