[keycloak-user] Keycloak 1.9.1 Wildfly admin user not created

Niels Bertram nielsbne at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 03:19:47 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I am trying to setup Wildfly admin console access on the 1.9.1 release
running in standalone mode. Following the keycloak documentation I
used ./bin/add-user
-u admin -r master to add a keycloak admin but when I browse to
http://localhost:9990/console I get prompted with a screen that reads:

*WildFly Application Server is running.*

*However you have not yet added any users to be able to access the admin
console.*
*To add a new user execute the add-user.sh script within the bin folder of
your WildFly installationand enter the requested information.*

Looking through the wildfly documentation
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WFLY10/add-user+utility and also
comparing the add-user.sh script in the keycloak distro to a normal wildfly
distro it looks like it has been replaced.

How do you create a wildfly admin user with the keycloak distro? Shouldn't
the wildfly admin scripts stay as they are and the keycloak script added
with a different name?

Cheers,
Niels