[keycloak-user] Total user count

Guus der Kinderen guus.der.kinderen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 05:30:08 EDT 2016

Hi there,

Recently, I switched from WSO2 Identity Server to Keycloak, and all of a
sudden, the sun is shining a bit brighter, birds are singing cheerful
songs, and I'm pretty sure I just saw a unicorn pass by, leaving
multi-colored droppings. Thanks!

That being said, I'm still pretty new, and could use some help. I'll
probably have more questions like these pretty soon. Is there a instant
messaging based channel (IRC, XMPP?) where you guys hang out? For the
entry-level questions that I have, that might be more suitable.

In any case: my first question: We're using keycloak to form the user base
of our existing product. Integration is going well, but I'm running into a
snag: the existing product has a paged user overview - much like the
keycloak administrative interface. However, unlike the keycloak interface,
I need to be able to calculate the exact amount of pages (keycloak resorts
to having a 'next page' button only, I need to explicitly provide
references to every page).

To be able to integrate, I need to find a way to retrieve the total number
of users for a particular realm. So far, I'm retrieving all users to be
able to count them, which quite obviously defeats the purpose of having a
paginated call in the first place. Is there a better way than
keycloak.realm( "myRealm" ).users().search( null, null, null ).size() ?

Kind regards,

  Guus