[keycloak-user] The best way to get the action of the login form

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Fri Jan 20 03:23:21 EST 2017

On 20/01/17 06:06, Known Michael wrote:
> Hey,
>
> We start to create automation tests of our keycloak integration.
We already have some automated tests and we use selenium. See our
testsuite for more details (testsuite/integration-arquillian in the
Keycloak codebase) . Maybe you can take a look for the inspiration?

> We have discovered that the action URL of the login form (the submit URL)
> is generated each time.
>
> Therefore we need to parse the login response to get the action from the
> login from.
>
> Can you suggest the better way to get the action of the login form?
>
> If not: do you think the way of the action generation can be changed
> significantly in the near future and all our test will fail?
In theory, that is possible as it is an implementation detail of
Keycloak. Rely on something like selenium, which will just call
"submitButton.click" instead of manually creating POST requests etc is
always less fragile. So I would rather go this way if it is possible for
you.