[keycloak-user] mssql deadlock

Simon Payne simonpayne58 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 11:30:55 EDT 2018

Hi, i have been looking at using mssql with keycloak and have done some
local performace testing to recreate the deadlocks.

I have found that if we create and delete clients whilst simultaneously
deleting users, deadlock occurs.

I have also found that changing the transaction isolation level to
TRANSACTION_READ_UNCOMMITTED removes the occurrence of the deadlocks.

Is there any reason why i shouldnt use this isolation level?  i understand
that this level comes with dirty reads, but is there a side effect to this
when keycloak is clustered?

Thanks

Simon.