[keycloak-user] Reset Password flow

Erlend Hamnaberg erlend at hamnaberg.net
Tue Apr 10 03:43:33 EDT 2018

Hello list.

We would like to be able to have a different screen than the login screen
with a message after reset-password.

We would like a separate page with something like:

//Start page
*Check your email*

You have been sent and email with a link to reset your password, this link
expires in one minute.

button[Go to login]

//end page

Then a javascript timeout will bring you back to the login page after 30
secs or so.

Is this possible to get to work without modifying
the org.keycloak.authentication.authenticators.resetcred.ResetCredentialEmail
to display a success messsage instead of resetting the authentication flow?

We dont want to make it possible to guess usernames or emails, so we will
display that screen every time instead of being immediately being thrown
back to the login screen.

Are there any security implications with doing it this way?

/Erlend