[keycloak-user] Authorization Code Grant

paolo lizarazu polochepu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 18:59:42 EDT 2018

Hi All, I have a keycloak running with a test realm and someone client,
this has an admin/admin user, I want to use Authorization Code
Grant(seems direct
access grant in keycloak) but not sure if I am misunderstanding something

my Application is a desktop one that has its own login window, inside this
i am sending a request to get a token like

POST http://localhost:9080/auth/realms/test/protocol/openid-connect/token
wit body
grant_type=password&clientid=someone&username=admin&password=admin

this is returning the json with access_token, expires_in, refresh_toke, etc
seems all good.

from here if I want to get user info
http://localhost:9080/auth/realms/test/protocol/openid-connect/userinfo
setting header  authorization=Bearer code_token i am getting 401
unauthorized with
{
    "error": "invalid_token",
    "error_description": "Token invalid: Token is not active"
}

should I do a new request with
grant_type=authorization_code&code=access_token to interchange the current
for a long one? and handle the refresh token later?

sorry if this is a common or simple issue i am not getting working.