[keycloak-user] Send welcome mail after successful registration

Lokesh Ravichandru lokesh.ravichandru at grootan.com
Sun Dec 2 11:26:30 EST 2018

Hi Andreas,

You have to look at the following sample.

https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/tree/master/examples/providers/event-listener-sysout

Here you have two events one is admin event and another is normal event ,
you have to look for admin event operation type and resource type under
 Adminevent class, If you are a developer just check the code.

To test just deploy as per the instructions specified in read me , enable
under events and try to do remote debugging on the above sample to plan
your implementation.

Thanks,
Lokesh

On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 at 9:41 PM, Andreas Lau <andreas.lau at outlook.com> wrote:

> Sorry for bouncing this , but I hope someone can help me out. I think/hope
> the problem should not be that uncommon right?
> Is there anybody who has already solved the issue?
>
> Am 26. November 2018 17:00:52 MEZ schrieb Andreas Lau <
> andreas.lau at outlook.com>:
>
> Hey,
> i'd like keycloak to send a welcome mail after the user has successfully
> registered and verified his email. Currently I don't know how to do it. I
> found jira [1] feature request proposing a extension to support welcome
> email by configuration (I think). In the comments someone suggested to use
> SMTP provider and EventListener. The next comment has a Link [3] to a
> EventListener sample but I can not figure out what I have to do.
> I think they suggested the follwing workflow:
> 1. registration finished
> 2. listener invokes - how to tell Listener to listen on the registration
> event (how is the event named)
> 3. SMTP provider sends a email
>
> Hope someone is able to help me out.
>
> Andreas