[keycloak-user] Device authentication - IOT use case

SUDHIR SHETTY sudhir_shetty at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 2 20:52:21 EST 2018

Hi,          I would like to find the right approach for device authentication in my usecase.My project has a 3 actors
   - Users
   - Devices
   - Apps (think of these as ,mobile Apps)

We currently use KeyCloak for user authentication (Federated LDAp/OpenID Connect) and we have a backend of micro-services that are registered as clients in KeyCloak and users/devices/mobile apps  can access those backend services via OAuth2  (JWT tokens).
I would like to leverage KeyCloak for Device & Mobile App authentication , Device/App will authenticate via private/public key pair via signed JWT token.
I know I can implement the mobile APP as a client in Keycloak.
My question is around Devices , should I register the Device as a client or as  User in KeyCloak?
Any guidance/sample project/example would be highly appreciated.
regards,Sudhir