[keycloak-user] Different theme for each client

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Tue Jan 16 08:09:59 EST 2018

We can probably do some builtin support for clients into the themes
itself. Doing it properly may take few days. Depends if we want to
support that. AFAIR Stian didn't like that, but to me it makes sense
that some people want different look&feel based on client.

For example template file can be lookup from the directory with the
clientId (EG. theme/my-theme/login/customer-portal/login.ftl ). If it
doesn't exists, then fallback to the current location without "clientId"
directory. Maybe something similar would be needed for the CSS files and
other resources.

But for some very basic cases, people can probably already handle it by
add some "if" into the freemarker template itself and use different CSS
styles based on the client or something like this.

Marek