[keycloak-user] [HS256] Use HS256 rather than RS256 for Id Token Signature

FOUTREIN Thomas Thomas.FOUTREIN at imprimerienationale.fr
Tue Jan 16 11:42:11 EST 2018

Hello,

I m trying to connect our keycloak instance with France Connect (the french public openid connect platform)

But France Connect doesn't accept Id Token signed with RSA key , it only accept HS256 with a shared secret to verify the signature

I tried to desactivate in my Realm the RSA Provider , but this has no effect on the Token generated (always RS256)

Do you have a simple solution for that ?

thanks in advance

Thomas