[keycloak-user] Adding attributes during login

Craig Setera craig at baseventure.com
Sat Nov 10 10:00:37 EST 2018

We have an attribute we use to allow customers to to "scope" or "namespace"
a users interaction with our system (a "partner code" that is known to our
system).  In our previous proprietary Java session-based security system,
this value was stored in the Java session at the time of login and used by
the authorization engine to further restrict what the user was allowed to
see.

As we transition to using Keycloak for authentication, I'm wondering if
there is a way to use Keycloak to manage this partner code during a login
session?  Some way to send the value during the Keycloak login sequence and
then later retrieve it based on the access token?

Thanks for any insights.
Craig