[keycloak-user] Older Java Spring client libraries with newer Keycloak server

Hylton Peimer hylton.peimer at datos-health.com
Fri Apr 5 05:02:02 EDT 2019

I'm using   keycloak-spring-security-adapter  version 4.4.0-Final.

This library works perfectly with SpringBoot 1.5.

I've tried to upgrade my Keycloak server to 4.8.3 and also Spring client
libraries to 4.8.3, but there is a problem with redirects. [The actual
problem seems connected to reported issues].

The 4.4.0-Final client libraries seem to work with 4.8.3 Keycloak server.

My question: is it safe to use to older client libraries with a newer
Keycloak server?