[keycloak-user] Best practices for Infrastructure/Configuration as Code

Zhiming Guo guo.zhming at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 23:44:29 EDT 2019

Hi Keycloak Team,

Thank you so much for making this wonderful project! I'm in the process of
adopting it and need some advices.

I'm a believer of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and configuration as code.
So just wondering how I can achieve this properly in Keycloak?

I am aware of and have tried the realm export/import feature. But I found
it difficult to maintain/share/develop the realm.json file mainly because
there seems to be no documents around its syntax, supported fields etc. And
I'm not sure what's the best way to apply the realm.json file using CI/CD:
new image containing new realm.json?

Or maybe I should focus on using the REST API to achieve IaC?

My apology for these unorganized questions. Any advice will be appreciated!

Thank you for your time

Ming