[keycloak-user] gatekeeper: cannot download big files

A. Ilchinger a.ilchinger at gmx-topmail.de
Mon Aug 19 10:44:47 EDT 2019

Hello,

in our setup we secure a service via keycloak and access its web
frontend through a gatekeeper proxy. Access is done from two locations:
1) Inside the same network.
2) From an offsite location
While the first works fine, the latter has problems. Authenticating and
the access itself work fine, but retrieving large files from the web
application (we encountered this with a 16MB javascript file) fails.
The file is downloaded incomplete.
We checked the network. Connections speed is fine, there are no other
proxies or firewalls in between. So from all our investigation it looks
like gatekeeper is the pint of failure (logs look unsuspicious though).

Do you have any hints or ideas what else we could try? Are there maybe
some config options to try out?