[keycloak-user] Changing the base path from /auth to /

Garth garth at tunnel19.com
Sun Dec 8 09:42:36 EST 2019

Hello,

I've been searching around to try to understand how to change the base URL. I've found how to change it from "/auth" to "/some/other/path/auth", but I can't find any documentation on removing the "auth" part. I'd like to have my installation served at the root (e.g. "https://foo.com/realms/master/....").

I have tried changing:
        <subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:keycloak-server:1.1">
            <web-context>auth</web-context>

to:
        <subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:keycloak-server:1.1">
            <web-context>/</web-context>

but that seems to produce other errors. Is this the right approach? Are there other spots where it must be changed also?

Thanks for your help,
GP